Stamford Youngtimers COVID-19 Policy
The Stamford Youngtimers organization prioritizes the health and safety of its coaches, players, referees, game personnel, parents, family and friends above all other considerations. As part of that, we will be required to follow all local and state guidelines relative to the COVID-19 pandemic as well as any rules set by Stamford public schools.
We anticipate guidelines will evolve over the season that may allow for liberalized mask wearing. With the emergence of vaccination options for children, we are reviewing the facemask rules and working to have updates to that policy for vaccinated players in the near future.
- Current requirements for Youngtimers activities are that all people in the gym (coaches, players, parents, referees, scorekeepers) must wear facemask at all times.
FOOD AND DRINK:
- There is no food and drink permitted in the gym except players are allowed to have water bottles during games and practices.
- When in doubt, sit it out!
- Girls with fever, new cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell should not participate in practice or games and are encouraged to have a COVID-19 test to return to play.
- If your daughter is awaiting the results of a COVID test for symptoms or exposure, she cannot participate in games or practice.
IF YOUR CHILD IS COVID-19 POSITIVE
- Any child who tests positive for COVID-19 cannot participate in practice or games for 10 days from the start of their symptoms; they must remain fever free for the last 24 hour prior to returning to practice or games.
IF YOUR CHILD IS EXPOSED TO SOMEONE WHO HAS TESTED POSITIVE
- If she is fully vaccinated and is not experiencing any symptoms or feeling sick, girls may still continue to play but must have strict masks adherence at practice and in games for a minimum of seven days.
- If she is unvaccinated, she should quarantine from the close contact. She then needs to remain out of games and practices for seven (7) days if she then returns a negative PCR test; otherwise, she must remain out for 10 days.
Stamford Youngtimers Basketball does not require vaccination for participation. However, vaccination reduces the rates of infection and spread of COVID-19. Therefore, many youth sports leagues, school leagues, camps, and clinics are starting to require vaccination. 99% of WNBA players are vaccinated. For vaccination locations within Stamford please see https://www.stamfordct.gov/home/showpublisheddocument/10206 or www.stamhealth.org
If your child tests positive for the COVID-19 virus or is exposed at any point to someone who has tested positive, please email Tim Frank (email@example.com) immediately. We will then provide guidance with regards to quarantine and contact tracing as well as when the child can return to play.